How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space offered of approximately forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically designed Click Wheel in which you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a method that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by using iPod hacks, set on providing more power to the user in regards to customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides modifications to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in regards to software or hardware. Different firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are offered on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals use iPod hacks because they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest technology abilities have actually supplied a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any home electronic devices in your house. It can manage your television, DVD player, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are required prior to beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial component in this iPod hacks job is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is indicated to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR abilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can in fact see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR gadget would not work correctly if you missed this important step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any house electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is clearly very simple to comprehend. Software applications are currently offered that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very dangerous with concerns to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless handled by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is not right.