How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space offered of as much as forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically developed Click Wheel in which you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise designed in such a way that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user in terms of modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in regards to software or hardware. Various firmware that provides iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals utilize iPod hacks since they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology capabilities have supplied a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any house electronic devices in your house. It can control your television, DVD gamer, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR device
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial element in this iPod hacks project is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is indicated to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include customer IR abilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have actually tape-recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can in fact see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not operate appropriately if you missed this essential action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (really conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any home electronic devices.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is certainly very simple to understand. Softwares are currently offered that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really risky with concerns to its results on your iPod gadget. Unless dealt with by an expert technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is wrong.